Strawberry cake from the jar is always very popular in the summer. And best of all: you can easily prepare it yourself, because hardly any cake is so uncomplicated.
Sometimes it just has to be a classic: Strawberry cake from the plate has proven itself, tastes good for everyone and is baked in no time. With our recipe you can too.
These are popular desserts
Simple and good: strawberry cake from the plate
For a baking sheet, you need the following ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams of butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 300 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 ml milk
- 250 g cheese
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 300 ml cream
- 1 kg of strawberries
- 4 sheets of gelatin (white)
- 2 packs of cake icing (red)
- Optional: 5 tablespoons flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix the baking powder with the flour.
- Then separate the eggs. Whisk egg yolks, butter, sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl until fluffy. Then stir
milk and the flour and baking powder underneath.
- Then beat the egg whites hard and gently turn them over. Spread the mixture on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the batter until golden – about 30 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the oven and let it cool.
Info: The strawberries you use for a cake should be as fresh as possible. For the berries lose their flavor if you spend more than a day in the fridge. And the vitamin C content then also decreases.
- Soften the gelatin in a saucepan of cold water and then dissolve it completely on low heat. Remove the gelatin from the stove.
- Mix the curd with three tablespoons of sugar. Then mix it with the gelatin.
- Now whip the cream with the rest of the sugar until it becomes stiff and mix it with the quark. Spread the mixture evenly over the cake base.
- Then wash and dry the strawberries. If you want, you can cut the fruit into reasonably large pieces. Spread the berries evenly over the cake.
- Finally, prepare the cake icing according to the instructions on the package and pour it over the strawberry cake from the plate. Let it cool completely before serving.