How much yeast do you need for the plan to work?
A good question that I unfortunately can not answer for you. For this I can tell you how much yeast you need to put in this fluffy and at the same time crispy baguette with olives, dried tomatoes and herbs: exactly half a dice, ie 21 grams of fresh yeast, which is equivalent to 1 packet of dry yeast. yeast or 7 grams. It’s a very simple calculation, right? For those who struggle with numbers, there is a step-by-step video guide. Good luck baking.
Here’s how it works:
You need these ingredients:
- yeast dough:
- 500 g wheat flour (Type 550)
- 0.5 cubes of yeast
- 0.5 teaspoon sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 ml of water, lukewarm
- 150 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, diced
- 80 g pitted black olives, sliced
- 5 g thyme, chopped
- 5 g rosemary, chopped
- Besides the:
- Dip, to taste
The preparations are not difficult:
- For the yeast dough: Put the flour in a bowl and shape a well with your fingers. Crumble in the yeast and mix with the sugar and 40 ml of water. Let rest for 15 minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients and knead everything into a homogeneous dough. Cover and let rest for at least 1 hour until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Knead the yeast dough by hand on a lightly floured work surface and roll out into a rectangle using a rolling pin. Halve horizontally.
- Sprinkle the halves of the dough with the sun-dried tomatoes, olives and herbs.
- Fold the sides of the dough and roll up into two threads from the long side. Shape the dough strings as you like and twist them together. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let rest, covered, for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 210 ° C.
- Trace the bread with a sharp knife and brush with a little water.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until light brown.
- The Mediterranean barbecue bread is a perfect barbecue accessory!
- Have a nice meal!
So, the bread is ready, but what’s up with it? How about this healthy white bean dip? And if you like meat, you will love these stuffed steak rolls.
Subscribe to our newsletter and we will regularly send you delicious cooking inspiration that will make your mouth water.