Cherry cake with crumble: This recipe makes it extra juicy
By Clara Danneberg
The perfect cherry crumb cake should be crispy on the outside and really juicy on the inside. You can easily bake the recipe at home.
Juicy cherry cake with crumble – that’s what makes it special
Cherries and cake belong together. When you add crunchy crumble to the mixture, it is difficult to resist the cherry crumb cake.
But the cherry cake is not only good, it also has a small positive side effect for your own health. The reason for this is that sour cherries contain many minerals (calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc), vitamins (A, B1, B2, C and E) and anti-inflammatory plant substances (anthocyanins).
The trick for really crispy crumbs on the cherry pie is to always use cold butter. Then quickly cool the butter and you are done.
TAG24 introduces you to two delicious and simple varieties of cherry cake with streusel that are suitable for all occasions.
You can find more cakes and ideas for cooking and baking on the subject page for recipes.
Recipe for cherry pie with crumble
In addition to the ingredients, the cherry cake with crumble requires a springform pan (with a diameter of 28 centimeters) and baking paper. Other necessary baking utensils are a kitchen scale, a stand or hand mixer, two mixing bowls, a strainer, a grater (for the lemon peel), a saucepan, a whisk and tablespoons and teaspoons.
Cherry Cake with Streusel | Ingredients
Ingredients for the dough:
- 250 grams of sugar
- 400 grams of flour
- 250 grams of cold butter
- Peel an organic lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 glasses of sour cherries or morello cherries (560 g each)
- 20 grams of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla pudding powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to taste
The specified amount is sufficient for a spring form with a diameter of 28 centimeters.
Cherry Cake with Streusel | preparation
1. Step: Mix sugar, flour, lemon peel, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Now add the cold butter and work everything with the dough hook or your hands into a crumbly mass.
2. Step: Line a springform pan with parchment paper and pour in half of the batter. Press the dough down to create a smooth bottom. Cool the bottom and the rest of the dough.
3. Step: Strain the cherries through a sieve and collect the juice in a bowl. Set the cherries aside to drain. The cherry juice should make about 400 milliliters. If there is not enough juice, add some water. Mix the vanilla pudding powder with about six tablespoons of cherry juice and sugar until smooth. Boil the rest of the juice in a saucepan. Stir in the mixed vanilla pudding mixture and cinnamon and bring to the boil again, stirring constantly, until a thick mass has formed. Add the cherries and let the filling cool a bit.
4. Step: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Notch in the bottom and pre-bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, remove and allow to cool. Put the cherry mixture on the bottom. Spread the remaining batter evenly over the cherries as crumbs. Bake the cake in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes until the desired coloring is achieved. Allow to cool and serve with whipped cream if desired.
Tip: The cake can also be made vegan if you use herbal margarine or a vegan alternative instead of butter.
Recipe for cherry cake with chocolate sprinkles
For the cherry cake with chocolate sprinkles, in addition to the ingredients, a baking tray and baking paper are required. Other necessary baking utensils are a kitchen scale, a stand or hand mixer, two mixing bowls, tablespoons and teaspoons and a knife for scraping the pulp out of the vanilla bean.
Cherry cake with chocolate sprinkles | Ingredients
Ingredients for the batter:
- 1.5 kilos of cherries
- 150 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- Brand of a vanilla bean
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams of flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 grams of chocolate pieces
Ingredients for the crumble:
- 100 grams of cold butter
- 120 grams of flour
- 50 grams of sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
The given amount is enough for a sheet of cherry cake with chocolate sprinkles.
Cherry cake with chocolate sprinkles | preparation
Preparation: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Line a plate with parchment paper. Wash and stone the cherries.
1. Step: For the dough, cream the butter with sugar, salt and vanilla mass in a large bowl. Then stir in the eggs one at a time. Sift the flour with the baking powder into the bowl and stir into the batter. Now mix in the chocolate pieces.
2. Step: For the crumbs, knead the cold butter with flour, sugar and cocoa powder in a separate bowl until even chocolate crumbs are formed. Cool the sprinkles.
3. Step: Spread the batter evenly on the plate and press down lightly. Now spread the cherries on top. Now pour the crumbs on top until they are evenly distributed. Bake the cake in the oven for about 45 minutes. Allow to cool and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
TAG24 wishes you happy baking and a good appetite!
Cover photo: 123RF / baudani0601